I suppose I should post something…
Posted by The Diatribe Guy on July 7, 2009
So much to do, so little time. I seem to have somehow misplaced my HadCrut notes in the midst of my life.
For giggles, here’s a little “Life Update” that has absolutely nothing to do with climate, although I may add that it’s been very nice here lately, with perfectly warm temperatures that makes one yearn for more.
So, let’s see…
1) I’ve managed to let my analysis here slide while I continue to forge ahead with my FOREX experimentation. This is taking anywhere from an hour to 2 hours a day, but lately is looking as if it may bear fruit. Only time will tell, as the market can turn on you in a hurry. I’ll update you occasionally. I’m an honest guy, so I’ll tell you right now that I am down in my account, but not as much as I was 2 weeks ago. You really shouldn’t trade real money before you know what you’re doing, but it’s tough for me to really take it seriously otherwise. But I don’t recommend it unless you just truly have some disposable income that you can afford to lose. I’m still breathing! I have started a trading journal online that I’ll point you to some day if my current strategy continues in success. (Big IF at this point, but we’ll see.)
2) Had to take some family time around the 4th of July. Hope all had a happy Independence Day.
3) We are re-modeling our home. Each step, unfortunately, requires multiple steps. We replaced the counters and sink in the kitchen. So everything got cleared out of the cupboards. Unfortunately, the sink didn’t fit back in right and there are other problems, which will now cost me about an extra $400 in plumbing. Ugh. We put new carpet in three bedrooms so far, and tore wallpaper down and painted and all that stuff. Plus, everything needs to be removed from the room (dismantled in many cases) and relocated, only to put it all back in. Now, we’re in the process of removing wallpaper and painting in the main living area, which is just peachy. I’m trying to make arrangements for new A/V equipment, as well. All this really sucks, if I’m being honest. I hate this kind of work.
4) Work is as busy as ever, and our company is relocating to a newly built headquarters (same town, so at least I don’t have to move). But this has its own demands that spill into personal time.
5) I’m in a band that plays for a festival once a year, and we’ve been practicing a couple nights a week, which is also cutting into my time that would otherwise be spent analyzing data. Let’s see… music or data analysis… tough call there.
6) We had a 2-month span of baseball everynight of the week, along with swimming lessons, along with ice-skating (indoors – even in Wisconsin we don’t ice skate outside in the summer), various camps, and so on. Lots of running around.
7) Anyone who followed my personal posts in the past knows that we have a HUGE garden, which of course has now taken up additional time to maintain during the warm weather.
So, I’m afraid the blog is just firmly entrenched in the back seat at the moment. As I look over my list, I’m wondering how I’ve even managed to fit all that in. We’re all busy, of course, and I’m not complaining. Just keeping readers in the loop. As I said, I will be back. Just a matter of when.
I’ll try to find my HadCrut analysis in the meantime. Hopefully it didn’t get tossed out with the wallpaper. I’ve also got at least one guest post to review that I can hopefully get up soon.
Here’s to an enjoyable summer to all!